Woke up craving chocolate chips…with a half-eaten can of pumpkin in the fridge….what’s a domestic goddess to do? Make chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes, duh.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes for One (Vegan)
adapted from BitterSweet blog
Makes 4 small or 3 large pancakes
- ½ c whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 T brown sugar
- ½ t cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ c soymilk
- 2 T pumpkin puree
- 1 t oil
- Lightly grease a skillet and preheat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, stir together all dry ingredients in a bowl, and all the wet in another. Add the wet into the dry and stir just to combine.
- Ladle about ¼ cups of batter onto preheated skillet and cook for 2-3 min. or until bubbles form along the top and edges are firm. Flip and cook for another 2-3 min.
- Serve warm.
- This makes a rather large serving of pancakes and would be delicious shared as well J
- They are so moist, fluffy, and chocolatey, you really don’t need syrup (or even chocolate chips…they’re great plain, although chocolate for breakfast is always a win in my book!)