This is a post to prove that you don’t need a kitchen to cook.
You don’t need eggs, butter, or milk either.
Hells, you don’t even need an intact waffle maker.
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Hello Kitty Waffles
Makes 2 batches of four small waffles
•One semi-functional Hello Kitty Waffle Maker, that you spent 3 months trying to find on ebay, only to have it arrive half-broken, which leads you to leave a negative review on the seller’s feedback, which results in threatening ALL CAPS email from said seller, which results in you fearing for your life and resolving that Hello Kitty Waffle Makers are nothing but trouble (but so damn cute!)
- ¾ c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T oil
- ¾ c water
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 handfuls chocolate chips
1. In a plastic cup
stolen borrowed from the dining hall, mix flour and baking powder.
2. In a cleaned takeout container large bowl, mix sugar, oil, and water. Dump the flour mixture in, add cinnamon and throw in chocolate. Mix until smooth.
3. Spoon into Hello Kitty Waffle Maker, risking burning fingers on exposed wires of broken lid, and subsequently setting dorm on fire.
4. Cook for five minutes, cautiously open burning hot lid sans handle, and gently lift waffles out with a fork.
5. Enjoy aka try to eat them before your floormates devour them all.
6. Repeat and share to win friends and influence people.
I’m pretty sure there’s nothing sadder than a broken hello kitty wafflemaker.