Long time no post– classes have started and college life is busy, busy, busy– between work and homework (the workload is ridiculous!) there’s nearly enough time to sleep, let alone blog. Props to my friend S for making a delicious dinner– the potatoes especially were amazing! (Now, off to write a 6-8 page paper due tommorrow that I haven’t started yet…hello, dark roast coffee!)
Roasted potatoes roasted potatoes provençal
mixed greens salad, roasted potatoes, arugula and fontina frittata
Freestyle Apple Galette (serves about 6)
Note that this is really a freestyle kind of thing. I just sort of “winged it” and it came out fine. Feel free to use any fruits or berries of your choosing (S recently made one with peaches, raspberries, and honey and it was delish!)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 3 apples (pilfered from the dining hall), washed, unpeeled, cored and sliced thinly
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease or line a cookie sheet.
- Toss sliced apples with cinnamon and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll out pie crust onto baking sheet. Pile on apples, and fold edges over to make a “crust”.
- Sprinkle the entire shebang with liberal amounts of sugar. (It would probably be easier to brush the edges with milk or egg wash first.)
- Bake for approx. 30 min, or until edges are browned and apples tender.
- Serve warm.