Hi all! It’s been awhile, but the blog is back up and running*…expect vacation snapshots soon!
Here’s a little recipe to get you acclimated again:
Peanutella (loosely based on Celine’s “Altella”)
Yield: approx. ½ cup
- ¼ c granulated sugar**
- ¼ c chocolate chips
- ¼ c vanilla soymilk
- ¼ c natural peanut butter
Mix sugar, chocolate chips, and soymilk in a medium sized microwavable bowl. Microwave about 1 min, or until chocolate and sugar are melted together, stirring occasionally. (You could also do this on the stovetop in a small saucepan.) Drizzle into the peanut butter, stirring until smooth and combined. When cool, store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (not that it will last that long!) in an airtight container.
- Serve on toast (with bananas!), stir into a glass of soymilk for a great chocolate pb drink, warm it up and pour on ice cream, use as frosting, filling, or whatever lights your fancy…
- You could even make these
- Or how about stir some into mini chocolate cupcakes? But that’s another story…
- True to Celine’s word, this spread is usable straight out of the fridge!
- It has a great texture—it’s silky and smooth
- 100% vegan!
*although unfortunately, the blog may face more obstacles in the near future…but we will cross that bridge when we come to it
**or you could make your life easier and use powdered sugar, which dissolves much more quickly and smoothly