These cupcakes are hiding a dirty secret under their little chocolate toupees….they’re really muffins. Sh…don’t tell. They were gobbled up in 20 minutes flat by my European History class regardless, so go ahead, make them as you wish: top with frosting as dessert, or eat plain for an excellent banana muffin.
Easy Banana Muffins or Cupcakes
makes 12 muffins (with high, domed, “muffin tops) or 14 cupcakes
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt ( I would use only ½ tsp. next time)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour (I used a mixture of whole wheat and all purpose)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with the oil and sugar and mix well.
- In a small bowl, sift together the salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir by hand until the two are thoroughly combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.