These took me more like 20 minutes, but that’s still pretty quick. Great basic pancake recipe, just like the reviewers said. Note that I ran out of maple syrup, so I topped mine with frozen defrosted wild blueberries from Trader Joe’s. Putting blueberries (or maybe bananas? or chocolate chips? or both?) in the batter would also be an excellent idea.
5 Minute Vegan Pancakes recipe from Recipezaar
Makes approximately eight pancakes
- 1 cup flour, white or whole wheat (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes’ worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
- Repeat until the batter is gone, and serve warm with maple syrup.