oh s’mores bar so sweet
gooey, marshmallow-y love
needs no description
Gooey S’mores Bars (Vegan option)
adapted from Lickin’ the Beaters 2: Vegan Chocolate and Candy
makes 9 pieces/1 8” pan
- 1/3 c margarine, softened
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 1 T ground flaxseed mixed w/ 6 T water
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 ½ c whole wheat pastry flour (or ¾ c AP and ¾ c whole wheat flour)
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ¾ c chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c marshmallow Fluff OR Ricemellow crème
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8” square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream the margarine and sugar. Mix in flax mixture and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour(s), baking soda, and salt. Add to margarine mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread ½ of the dough into the bottom of the pan. Spread marshmallow Fluff over batter, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pat pieces of dough on top. (Don’t try to cover completely; it’s pretty with marshmallow peeking out!)
- Bake for approx. 25 min. Cool completely before cutting and serving.